Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mixed Emotions

I was gone this weekend on our annual fishing opener trip with my Dad, son and brother-in-law.  As we got ready for some evening walleye fishing I soon realized that fishing would be a challenge.  Not because of the fish but the sky.   While everyone fished, I couldn’t stop but appreciate the incredible sky as a storm-like cloud cover moved in.  Instead of fishing, I kept on snapping images with my trusty Canon G11.  It was mixed emotions as two of my passions collided – my Canon winning the battle while my Shimano reel watched in disappointment.  When we got back home, my Dad, son and brother-in-law bragged about the ones they got and the ones that got away while I hurried into my digital dark room and began to process the best catch of the weekend.

From the brigther side of the darkroom,

Pierre